Thoughts I'm Thinking #2
A collection of interesting, important and sometimes ridiculous miscellanea that I've stumbled across this week...
• Confession: I'm a closet architectural wannabe. Architecture is an amazing blend of art and science that has always intrigued me. I came across Architectural Digest's list of 50 Iconic Buildings Around the World You Need to See Before You Die. I've seen a grand total of...two. I'd better get busy.
• Are you familiar with the work of Brad Montague? Pretty much the most positive guy on the planet. I heard him speak at the Story Gathering in Nashville last year, and his message has never left me. This recent post on his Instagram page will make your heart smile.
• Speaking of the Story Gathering, if you are a creative of any type, you need to go. You'll be inspired, motivated and...well...it'll change your life. It did mine, anyway. I can't make the conference this year, but hope to be back in 2020.
• A friend and I had a text discussion last week about the next James Bond movie, No Time To Die. It will be the last for Daniel Craig, and it's rumoured that the next person to play Bond will be a woman. We both think it's a mistake to cast a woman to play Bond. It's not that women are incapable of playing action heroes—we both think there should be more female leads in action flicks. But Bond has a long literary and film history. To mess with that history doesn't make sense. His signature phrase, "Bond. James Bond" just wouldn't sound quite the same. Your thoughts?
• And finally, here's a cool infographic about the remarkable amount of content that is shared over the various social networks. We are sharing a mind-blowing amount of data about our personal lives. Good or bad? The jury's still out.