Thoughts I'm Thinking #1
Updated: Dec 5, 2020
A collection of interesting, important and sometimes ridiculous miscellanea that I've stumbled across this week...
• Time reports that last month was not only the hottest July on record, but the hottest month in recorded history. Hmmm...you'd almost think the climate is changing.
• A friend recently wrote 'catsup' on a list of supplies to bring on a camping trip. I've only ever heard my 97-year-old dad refer to it as catsup. For you condiment geeks, here's a whole etymological history of the delicious red stuff. How about you: ketchup or catsup?
• I saw today that the Aston Martin DB5 featured in seven Bond films (beginning with Goldfinger) has been auctioned by Sotheby’s for US$6.4 million. Man, I used to love that car.
• It sounds like researchers may have found a cure for the Ebola virus. If you wonder why that's such a big deal, check out this Frontline documentary from 2015. Terrifying.
• And finally, I just finished listening to a Monocle podcast series The Golden Age of Aviation. It's a must-listen for anyone who's into the history of commercial air travel, particularly from the 1950s to the 1970s. Great stories about the planes, the advertising, the uniforms and the level of service that airlines used to provide. Tons of great content that's set me on a quest to learn more about the era.